Movement is powerful medicine! Creating an attitude of fun or pleasure increase the many benefits of regular, moderate exercise. How, where and when we exercise can also boost our weight loss and build muscle.
Join Kathy Taylor on a video journey through the landmark book on reversing the world-wide Obesity Epidemic, How Not to Diet by Dr. Michael Greger. Whether you need to lose 50+ pounds or that last pesky five pounds, Dr. Greger’s evidence-based “tips, tricks, hacks and tweaks” for healthy, fast tracked weight loss will be a support to help you achieve your goal. Kathy’s weekly videos will chronicle her adventures of discovery and weight loss as she applies the research studies at home.
Kathy Taylor moderates the 6D Book Club groups exploring How Not To Diet and you will find her weekly study guide questions below.
Food for Thought
1. How does exercising in cold temperature affect weight loss? Pp. 361-362
2. What exactly does the Calories In / Calories Out Equation mean? Pp. 362-363
3. How do we create a NEAT deficit for weight loss? Pp. 367-368
4. What are ten benefits of moderate exercise? Pp. 372
5. When is the best time to exercise? P. 377
6. What can we do to increase our likelihood of regular exercise? P. 381
7. What are thylakoids and how do they block fat absorption? Pp. 383-384
8. How much is too much spinach and why? Pp. 386-387
9. Are calcium supplements safe? PP. 389-390
About the author Dr Michael Greger
Dr. Greger is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, food safety, and public health issues. A founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Dr. Greger is licensed as a general practitioner specializing in clinical nutrition. He is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Agriculture and Tufts University School of Medicine. In 2017,
Dr. Greger was honored with the ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Trailblazer Award and became a diplomat of the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine.
Kathy Taylor loves to learn and share! She earned a Masters’ Degree in Integrating the Arts, M.Ed., from Leslie University, Cambridge, Mass., and completed her Plant Based Nutrition Certification from The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, Cornell University. She has taught for many years in Middle School, Elementary and College classrooms. During two years of concentrated study, effort and twenty-six weeks of training at True North Health Center in Santa Rosa, CA, Kathy was able to lose over 200 pounds using medically supervised water-only fasting and WFPB eating. She is a proud member of The National Health Association.