6D Living Book Club – Opportunity to Pause and Reflect
Whole by T. Colin Campbell, PhD with Howard Jacobson, PhD
The activity below is completely optional – of course! If you are interested in exploring your nutritional ideas as we begin our explorations together, feel free to use the activity below as a guide.
Before you begin, take a moment to prepare. Stop.Breathe.Focus.Move.Flow.* – not just five pretty words, but five small actions that can help to bring clarity to any activity or decision we undertake.
Take a moment to pause your activity. Just for a moment, pause your thoughts, your words and close your eyes.
Take a moment to notice your breath. Inhale. Exhale. Open your eyes.
Take a few moments now to reflect on the questions posed in the activity below.
Take a moment to choose how you will move forward with what you have learned.
Take a final moment to realize that you have the power to create your reality, your understanding of the world and your role in it. Flow into the reality of your choosing.
The activity which follows is from Dr. Campbell**. We are asked to pause and reflect on our own nutritional practices, to identify their roots and their general impact on our lives as well as on the lives of those with whom we interact and about whom we care.
Five Main Factors for Reflection
1. Identify the Core Nutritional Beliefs which you have been taught
2. Emotional factors which have contributed to your background beliefs
3. Financial factors which have contributed to your background beliefs
4. Cultural factors which have contributed to your background beliefs
5. Health factors which have contributed to your background beliefs
Three Questions for Exploration during your Reflection
1. Do you recall when or why this factor first influenced you?
2. Have you noticed over time any beliefs that have changed based on new influences?
3. Have you found yourself influencing others based on your own beliefs and behaviors?
Paradigms are strengthened as the ‘truth’ that we share becomes the Truth that is known. It is healthy for each of us to explore what it is we hold to be true and why we do so. Only by regular self-reflection, evaluation and adjustment can we feel confident in encouraging our ideas and in nurturing them by sharing them with loved ones and friends until eventually they could become our next societal Truth. We have the power to impact and form our societies – we should use this power wisely!
If you would like to share your thoughts or a bit about what you discover with our community, please post that here in this forum thread.
*Stop.Breathe.Focus.Move.Flow.is a 6D Living practice. Click on the link to learn more